WORK FOR US
At TCA, we achieve what many cannot—enabling people challenged by Autism, Asperger’s syndrome, PDD-NOS, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD), and other developmental disabilities and related behavioral challenges to live more successful lives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion to help those with developmental delays to join our team of experienced ABA Therapists.
Upon being hired, employees will perform a variety of duties related to Applied Behavior Analysis, which include verbal behavior, behavior modification, treatment plan implementation, data collection, and intervention in individual treatment of patients.
ABA Therapist Qualifications: We seek college or graduate students that have a focus in Education, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field. ABA experience is preferred. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets the eligibility requirements of TCA’s insurance carrier (for all positions that require driving). Applicants must also successfully complete a pre-employment drug and background screening.
Specifically, employees will be expected to:
- Provide direct support to individuals diagnosed with Autism and related disorders, and will assist the treatment team in the evaluation of clinical services
- Provide direct services to children diagnosed with Autism, Asperger’s, Down Syndrome, ADD, ADHD, and PDD-NOS in an ABA-based setting
- Maintain neat, chronological documentation of all goals and behaviors
- Provide crisis intervention as necessary
- Interact professionally with supervisors, parents, school, medical personnel, and others using excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Keep abreast of current treatment technology, literature, practices, and regulations
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops as recommended by the Vice President and supervising BCBA
- Complete our paid ABA training program and related quizzes in order to provide ABA therapy at a Tier 1 level, and be willing to continue training throughout your employment with us, eventually reaching a Tier 3 status
- Travel as required, as services may be provided at the patient’s home (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and TCA Operational Policies and Procedures Manual
- Take pride and ownership in TCA’s facilities and assigned work areas
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and other meetings as assigned
- Complete and update mandatory training and related items in a timely manner
- Maintain documentation that is accurate and legible
- Complete incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a patient
- Perform other duties as assigned