Can Medicaid or Medicare pay for services?

Yes, TCA does accept Medicaid as a form of payment for ABA Services. Medicaid claims can be filed as either a primary or secondary insurance provider.

Will private insurance pay for services?

It depends on your individual coverage. Many insurance plans cover ABA Therapy for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Some insurance plans cover ABA for other diagnoses.

As a complimentary service, TCA will contact your insurance provider to see if our services are covered under your plan. This process general takes 2–7 business days. Prior to this service being rendered, TCA will request a completed “Welcome Packet” as well as a copy of the policyholder’s driver’s licenses and a copy of the insurance card. Along with the “Welcome Packet,” all potential patients will be asked to provide the following for insurance verification:

  • Detailed diagnosis and assessment reports from diagnosing physician
  • Referral letter for ABA Therapy specifically indicating TCA as the intended provider

Having these documents prior to TCA verifying your insurance coverage will help to expedite the process; however, TCA may be able to contact the referring physician for relevant documents under certain circumstances.

If you are interested in services and unsure if you are covered, please contact our billing department.

Do other government sources of funding exist?

The Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD) is the entry-point for all state run, non-Medicaid funding for our services. OCDD provides many different funding programs based on the individual’s needs. TCA works in conjunction with OCDD on a case-by-case basis. We encourage families who are interested in this type of funding to contact the OCDD office at (337) 262-5610 or toll free at (800) 648-1484.

Which insurance companies are TCA currently in-network with?

Please contact the front office for this information at (337) 233-1167.

Does TCA have a private pay rate?

TCA does have an out-of-pocket rate for those individuals who are interested. We strive to keep the cost of attending our center as low as possible so that we help as many patients as possible. Please contact the front office at (337)233-1167 for up-to-date rate.

Does TCA have in-house billing or a third party billing company?

TCA is partnered with Advanced Medical Billing for processing of all insurance claims. ( They are located right here in Lafayette and are willing and able to answer most billing questions that our patients may have.

If our current patients have any billing questions, please call them at (844) 424-5537.